Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Food Gives Hope Behind Bars

Another great thing about food is the opportunities it presents. Of course, a lot of us have heard of the Chef himself Gordon Ramsey, but his latest TV show I think is one to talk about. It is called Gordon Behind Bars and it allows those who are inmates to get the experience of cooking and being a chef- a second chance per say. I think it has potential and I think it is AMAZING what he is doing! Here is a link to his interview on the show... http://www.channel4.com/programmes/gordon-behind-bars/articles/interview-gordon-ramsay

 There is, of course, hardships that follow, but it also shows how we think and view others based on their actions. Such is the case in this articlehttp://www.edogo.com/latestbuzz-gordon-ramsay-feels-the-sting-behind-bars/. But I believe the benefits are tremendous. It gets the prisoners thinking, working, and being productive. It gives them hope. All the more power of food, bringing people together! :)

Additionally, if you are interested I am attaching the link to the very first episode here! I find some of the features of the video quite interesting in themselves. In some aspects, I almost think the prisoners get better dining services than law abiding citizens do. It's definitely something to think about and a slightly different take on the food industry than the things discussed in my last post and in my yelp reviews. Don't know what I mean? Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfwFIGxoRhw

2 comments:

  1. I never heard of this show and I am actually interested. I actually wanted to be a district lawyer for juveniles who could not afford a lawyer. I did my high school senior project of juvenile delinquency. Hence, I love shows, information, and etc. related to prison (sounds weird, I know). I am actually curious of how the government allowed this show to happen because people are so strict in the law/prison.

    Prison is one thing that is strictly kept low-key in the American society. I feel like everybody knows about the horrible things that happen to prisoners behinds, but yet nobody says or tries to do anything to change it. Just my opinion. Sorry, I am going off topic.

    But I am really glad you posted this blog because I am highly interested and will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't find that weird at all. I love things when I can learn and gather new information. And I was curious on how they aired the show too, but I believe it explains it all in the first episode or in the interview.

    And I do agree with you. Everything seems to be hushed nowadays. But it is a very interesting watch. I remember in one of the episodes there was a debate since the men opened up what is called the "Bad Boys Bakery" and they were asking people to try there pastries and the overlying question was "would you eat food made by a prisoner?"

    Anyways, I hope you enjoy it. I know it blew my mind!! :)

    ReplyDelete