Saturday, April 13, 2013

The arts of being a girl nerd!

So I made a few changes to my blog. First off, I added some FUN links at the top! You should totally check them out! They are right up there ^! There is a link to Kotaku, the gamer's website, Dorkly for some video game comedy, and Sporcle for online trivia and games. There is also one for my radio show and for the forum I joined last weekend.

I also added a Creative Commons License, so now my stuff is protected!! YAY!!!

Also, I rolled in quite a response with my last post. I never new that sharing online could have that much of an effect on who can see your stuff.  I got nearly 12 times as many views as I normally do, so thank you all!!



This post is gonna be about some pretty neat accessories I've seen. Most people have bags, t-shirts, belts and small collectibles, but these things really stand out as unique to me.

The first is a D20 necklace. What better way to embrace your inner D&D girl? In the gaming world this die holds the infinite power to determine the circumstances that life throws at your feet. You roll for initiation, damage, intimidation, power, checks, etc. It's pretty much your ticket to making it further in the game. Heck you can even roll for the effect these will have on your wardrobe. Some you can take out of the spiral and some are built in, but either way it's something you will love and enjoy! And they come in so many unique colors! :)


Second is a Lego ring. I don't know about you, but I grew up playing with Legos and building things! I built so many different cities, worlds, creatures, and vehicles. To this day I still have Lego pieces in my purse and things I built on display in my room. I always found it amazing how many cool things you could build out of those tiny little squares. It's a symbol of infinite imagination! This, in itself, is a piece I would love to add to my collection... one day! ♥ 

Another simple way to add to the all things dork collection you may have started is with your nails. I love doing fun little things on them! I've done Pokéballs, Legend of Zelda themed, Mario Themed, Pacman Themed, Star Wars themed, Ninja Turtles, Superheroes, Alice In wonderland, and as of late Converse Shoes. It's a simple, yet fun and overlooked way to add your own personal touch.Why not give it a try? You could even try social media nails! like thump up facebook chat emoticonsLike
 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute post. I consider myself a girl nerd too, and I loved to read this and connect with you. You're very creative with your blog and I have enjoyed reading your posts. Also, lego rings? That's awesome! And I think those nails are hilarious and very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love doing silly, little, creative, nerdy things like this all the time! It's a way to show my inner nerd off while still being able to enjoy some of the more girly things in life too!

    And yes. The girl who created them has a whole line of Lego jewelery. I love following her page and checking back for updates. She just recently released the Lego man necklace too!

    ReplyDelete