Sunday, May 5, 2013

Oh the things you can do with duct tape!

So we've all heard that duct tape is a good fix for a lot of things, but did you know that you can have some fun with it too! There are so many different patterns and colors in stores, it's kind of hard not to have a little fun! Here is a list of some of my favorite things to do with duct tape and some things that I would like to try! Remember it's your style, so make it as wild and creative as you would like!


1) The Duct Tape Bow

This is a creative way to add a little fun and a splash of color to any outfit. How can you not love it? They are easy to make too! You start with two pieces and stick them together sticky side first. Then you fold them like you would fold a paper fan, pinch the middle and add a small strip to make it stay. I have over a dozen of these little bows in my drawer and I want to make so many more! :)
2) Duct Tape Roses

The first time I made these I thought it would take me forever, but it went much quicker than I had thought. These make a great gift or act as a simple way to decorate a room! They also give freedom to creativity since every flower is different. A rose, by any other name would still be as sweet, but these are definitely still pretty cool! 




3) Duct Tape Earrings

Now these, I've never made, but I really want to! I think they are cute and a creative way to take an everyday piece of jewelery and make it unique.With so many patterns and colors, the possibilities are endless.




4) Duct Tape Wallet

Now these are fun and neat, not to mention very handy! We all need somewhere to put our money when we go out, after all, so why not show off your nerdiness with a homemade wallet! These are the Ninja Turtles, but if your taste is cute or classy you can do that too! There's also freedom to the number of pockets you can include and what you want the layout to be. I've made some just to hold my cards. Pretty much it's your ideal wallet, made for your needs, you just have to put it together!

5) Key Chain Strap

Now this is a pretty neat idea I'd like to try! I happened to stumble across it online one day. It'd definitely make finding my keys a lot easier if I had a wrist thing to keep them together. What is even more neat about this is you can also add an individual touch of duct tape to each one of your keys, making it easier to determine which key is for which lock! And it's cheap, YES please!




These are only a few of the select things you can do with duct tape. You can also make belts, ties, flip flops, and purses too! I know for Halloween I used duct tape to make the purse for my cosplay and last year I made my own strap belt! I've even known some people to decorate a bring pair of boots with the weather resistant tape.

Fun fact: did you know, there is even a scholarship event where you can make prom dresses, shoes, and tuxes out of tape. Definitely a must see if you ever get the chance! ^, ^
Here's one of the winners of 2012 posted ---->

No comments:

Post a Comment